Saturday, May 26, 2012

Monster Potato Mash!!

Not sure what you would call this. I call it Baked Mash Potato.



Yes. I like to bake my bacon. It help get alot of the grease. I like to bake it at 375 for 12 mins then flip and cook for another 12 mins. (You could cook for longer, I don't like crispy bacon unless it's on my caesar.)





Peeled and rinsed 4 potato, then boiled them till soft. Drained off the water then ( very important ) placed them back in the pot and place them on the stove on low stirring now and then till dried. This makes for a nicer whipped potato as there is less water in your mix. 


So I was out of fresh chives.... I know, so freeze dried had to do.


Some scallions ( I call them green onions -nods- )




This is how fine I diced them, diced my garlic this fine as well.


mmm


This is Half the bacon that I roasted. ( the other half was saved for other meals. It can be reheated in a frying pan very fast, faster then you can cook your morning eggs, good trick for fast breakfasts.)


Used the WHOLE THING BABY!


Fired in the sour cream, bacon, chives, touch of salt, and pepper.


After I slowly added in some fort cheddar ( amount is adjusted to your personal taste, I only used half a cup as I wanted to still taste the bacon.) 

CHILL your mixture before forming the Balls.


I formed them by hand into small balls reusing the bacon try and parchment paper for the bacon taste. Then I baked the buggers in the oven at 400 for 20 mins. ( keep an eye on them.) I cooked just before golden as I only wanted it to have a skin to hold the heat. It is normally served with a golden crusting, but I fine it gets too dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment